Buying a home is an exciting and emotional time for many people. To help you buy your home with more confidence, make sure you get owner’s title insurance.
Here’s 7 Reasons Why It’s Important:
- Protects Your Largest Investment. A home is probably the single largest investment you’ll make in your life. You insure everything else that’s valuable to you—your life, car, health, pets, etc., so why not your largest investment? For a one-time fee, owner’s title insurance protects your property rights for as long as you own your home.
- Reduces Your Risk. If you’re buying a home, there are many hidden issues that may pop up only after you purchase your home. Getting an owner’s title insurance policy is the best way to protect yourself from unforeseen title discrepancies. Don’t think it will happen to you? Think again. Title claims can include:
- Outstanding mortgages and judgements, or a lien against the property because the seller has not paid taxes
- Pending legal action against the property that could affect you
- An unknown heir of a previous owner who is claiming ownership of the property.
- You Can’t Beat the Value. Owner’s title insurance is a one-time fee that’s very low relative to the value it provides. It typically costs around 0.5% of the home’s purchase price.
- Covers Your Heirs. As long as you or your heirs own the home, owner’s title insurance protects your property rights.
- Nothing Compares. Homeowners insurance and warranties only protect the structure and belongings of your home. Getting owner’s title insurance ensures your property rights are protected.
- 8 in 10 Homebuyers Agree. Each year, more than 80% of America’s homebuyers choose to get owner’s title insurance.
- Peace of Mind. If you’re buying a home, owner’s title insurance lets you rest assured, knowing that you’re protected from inheriting possible debts or legal problems, once you’ve closed on your new home.
If you are still unsure on whether you should purchase owner’s title insurance, call Whipple Title at 330-477-3589 and speak to one of our licensed title agents who can explain your options and answer any questions you have. We are always here for you, so call today and get peace of mind for your most important investment!